Sunday, May 21, 2017

5.21.17






Hello All --

In a comment on my previous post, E.S. rightly takes me to task for neglecting this blog for a year.  Shaking my head. 

The Big News is that French publishing house Au Diable Vauvert has signed me;  the French edition of ANIMAL MONEY is slated to appear next year, with more works to come.  I am very much humbled to learn that the French translator of Thomas Pyncheon's work will be translating my work as well, and to appear on the same roster as David Foster Wallace, Octavia Butler, China Mieville ....

As far as other publications go, in addition to my story "The Righteousness of Conical Men" in The Madness of Caligari, my story "Rock n' Roll Death Squad" is due to appear in a new collection from Dim Shores, entitled Looming Low.  A short story of mine, "Bet the Farm," has been accepted for a collection called Mechanical Animals, forthcoming from Hex Publishing

Much of my longer stuff is in publication limbo at the moment, including UNLANGUAGE, a short fantasy novel called PRISTINE, and a novella called ETHICS.  I'm about halfway into my new novel, PEST

I'm going to be presenting an academic paper on weird fiction in Toronto this June at the Tenth International Deleuze Studies Conference, and if I can manage it, I may be able to swing the Chi-Zine reading in that fine city on Wednesday, June 21st.  I will also be attending ReaderCon and NecronomiCON as usual. 

This summer I will also be trying to finish up my monograph on weird fiction, and commencing the search for a publisher.

My essay, "'HELLO FROM THE SEWERS OF N.Y.C.' -- T.E.D. Klein's 'The Children of the Kingdom'" has been published in Thinking Horror; I've contributed some articles Matt Cardin's reference book on horror fiction, Horror Literature Through History, on topics including the sublime, the Bronte sisters, ETA Hoffmann, Gustave Meyrink, The Golem, dark fantasy, and Thomas Ligotti.

The Lovecraftian Poe: Essays on Influence, Reception, Transformation and Interpretation, a peer-reviewed collection of essays including one of mine, and edited by Prof. Sean Moreland, should appear this year from Lehigh University Press. The Call of Cosmic Panic: New Essays on Supernatural Horror in Literature, another collection containing an essay of mine, also edited by Prof. Moreland, is also due sometime soon.

Yours for more frequent updates --

M





 


1 comment:

Mahalyasree said...

Excellent and very cool idea and the subject at the top of magnificence and I am happy to this post..Interesting post! Thanks for writing it. What's wrong with this kind of post exactly? It follows your previous guideline for post length as well as clarity..
Home Interiors in Chennai